Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tons of Trucks

Last thursday our friends Dave and Sandi, along with their two boys (and one on the way!) invited the kids and I to go to dinner with them and then to Tons of Trucks, being held by Columbia Parks and Recreation.

We met at Fazoli's for dinner. I had a SPLITTING headache so I wasn't very hungry but I was wishing I was!! did you know that on Thursdays at Fazoli's they have a special called Trio Thursday (or something like that) and you get a nice helping of lasagna, fettucini alfredo, and a slice of pizza... all for $2.99!?!?!? that's a lot of food!! Dave and Sandi treated us by picking up the bill. (Thanks again, guys!)

After eating we headed over to Cosmo park to see the trucks. Tons of Trucks is just that... a ton of trucks all parked for kids to climb in and on, honk the horn, etc. Dave told Caden it would be neat to ask the guys beside their respective trucks what the trucks do. There was every sort of truck there that you could imagine... a trash truck, a cement mixer, a UPS truck, an ambulance, a fire truck, a police car, a military humvee, all kinds of tractors, a 4wheeler, a school bus, a tow truck, the library's "bookmobile" was there, crane trucks and bucket trucks and many many MANY more.

It was horribly cold, but hey, at least the rain stopped for us while we were there.

Here are a few pictures I got... enjoy!

Levi in the military humvee...


a tow truck...


Chase was checking out how HUGE this tire was...


and Audrey was just being a dork. =]...


I can relate to this sign, anyone else??


Levi on the school bus. And if that doesn't look weird and make me realize how fast time flies I don't know what will!!...


Audrey on the school bus. *sniff sniff*...


Caden on the school bus...


Farmin' Buddies (there was someone from a camera crew filming the boys on this tractor, but since I don't have cable tv anymore I don't know if it was on the news or not... Sandi, do you know?)...


more random pics...






and here's a picture I snapped because I thought it looked cool...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Beck, you need to put your "Bex Photography" on that last one! Thats is an amazing shot! Wtg!!!