(written to Audrey on April 13th, 2008)
To my beautiful princess Audrey,
Today is your very last day being one. Tomorrow you will be two big years old. It still feels like yesterday that we got to meet each other for the very first time, and it’s a day I will never forget. We have had such a fun year… You, Me, and Bubby! You celebrated your first birthday in Texas, you’ve traveled back to England for a visit, you’ve been to Washington State, and you’ve been to Virginia. Quite the little globe trotter in one year’s time! You are such an excellent traveler too! Every time we fly on an airplane, the people sitting around us can’t believe how well behaved you are. I tell them that we travel a lot and that you are used to it. In addition to all of the places you have flown we’ve also clocked in MANY miles around Missouri and to Oklahoma in our little car. I love your sense of adventure, Audrey! I love how you love to discover new things and the way your sparkly blue eyes light up and you raise your eyebrows a mile high when you get excited about the smallest of things! You are so playful and fun to be around. You have brought SO much joy and entertainment into our family. I can’t imagine our lives without our little Audball. Once upon a time I didn’t know what I would do with a little girl, but now I’m not sure what I’d do without you. I love you to the moon and back, Auds! Happy birthday princess! I hope this year is even better than last!
Love forever,
Mommy
We started the day with a trip to the mall to pick up the blizzard cake mom had ordered from Dairy Queen. While we were there we stopped in to see Tess where she works.
Next we went to Bath and Body works. They've got this new stuff called Hello Sugar. It's lemon and powdered sugar scented. Oh my goodness. I want to eat it. It's SOO yummy. The birthday girl got a little pamperin' there. Here she is with the Hello Sugar Body Meringue
She loved it too! Kept asking for "mo!" (more)
She also got spritzed with the Strawberry Daquiri body splash. I couldn't stop sniffing Audrey all day. LOL.
After picking the cake up we went back to the house where grandma (my mom) was making Audrey's birthday dinner. She made homemade Chicken and noodles. When I say chicken and noodles people automatically think of canned chicken and noodles. What I'm referring to though is what most people call chicken and dumplin's. however... dumplin's are not made with eggs, and the noodles we make for our chicken and noodles ARE made with eggs... so now you know the difference (you can thank me later.) It is one of our family's favorites and Audrey LOVES it. It's not a meal you make every day though because it takes a lot of preperation and time in the kitchen (boooo!)
Here is a picture of the Chicken and Noodles on the table before we dug in...
OH so yummy!!
but I'm getting ahead of myself.
First, you have to MAKE the noodles. Audrey and my mom have birthday's four days apart. When I was recently at the Tulsa International Soul Winning Workshop, there was a booth that offered personalized products so I bought Auds and my mom matching aprons for their bdays. PHOTO-OP!! Audrey's says "Audrey" and my mom's says "Grandma" and they wore them and made noodles together for Audrey's birthday dinner.
so cute!!
proof:
(totally off topic... Audrey would eat a whole bunch of bananas every day if I let her. Seriously, her banana record so far is five in one day. I think she may be half monkey, she also likes to climb stuff.)
Dropping the noodles in the pot:
Grabbing some more to drop in (she loved this!):
The table decked out for dinner:
Presents!!:
Audrey diggin' in:
seriously... she loves chicken and noodles
After dinner we usually take a break before cake and presents but since it was so late in the day already and we wanted audrey to be able to enjoy her birthday gifts, we immediately cleared dinner off of the table and cut the cake. I'm STILL dreaming about that cake. seriously. Diary Queen blizzard cakes rock. and I don't even like Dairy Queen!!
her cake was Oreo ice cream with "Nim Nim's" (M&Ms) on top
Grandma singing Happy Birthday:
PawPaw gettin' some birthday sugar:
and to get you all off of the edge of your seats... the birthday girl did have a perfect hair day. You all can relax now. =]
(please ignore the stupid pacifier. we really ARE going to break that habit soon! really. we're also going to find the cure for many world diseases. but one thing at a time
my two year old monkey... such a goofball!!

(see what I mean about the mile high eyebrows!?!)



3 comments:
Happy birthday, Audrey!
Darling photos! Happy Bday, Aud! Beck, I need that recipe for chicken and noodles.
Happy Birthday, Audrey!! You were a beautiful birthday girl!
And I want the recipe, too. Unless it's a family secret.
Post a Comment