if you have never been to the new Tiger Express Car Wash on Nifong you are seriously missing out. Hurry... don't delay. Don't pass go or collect $200. Go straight to the car wash. It will change your life. Ok, maybe not. but it will at least give you a clean car and hey, who can't use that, right?
Today the kids and I drove through Sonic during happy hour (drinks and slushes half off!) and grabbed a late lunch. Then we drove down to the car wash and ate lunch whilst watching the whirly thingies (you like my technical lingo?) do their washy magic.
Here's how it works:
You drive up to this window similiar to a fast food drive through window (I mean, I've been told! we don't eat fast food in THIS house! psssh), and you tell the lady what kind of wash you want. I'd gotten a tiny bit (I wish you could hear the sarcasm in my voice when I say "tiny bit") of mud on my car this weekend, so for me she suggested the package that included getting the undercarriage (is that what it's called) of the car clean. Getting all of that mud off of there. The basic package would have just washed the exterior of the car but not gotten underneath.
when I drove up to the window, it's this older black woman working and she says to me "oooooh-ee child! what you been doin'?" and I said "I've been playing in the mud!" and gave a big chesire cat grin.
ok, anyway. so then she gave me a loyalty card. go through their wash so many times and you get the next one free. and she handed me a wet cloth rag. I said thanks and started to dab at the sweat pooling at my... oh ok, I didn't. I asked her what it was for and she said it was to wipe down the interior of the car while we're going through the wash. oh yeah. duh. how silly of me.
so in between bites of my frito chili cheese jr. snack wrap from Sonic, I wiped down the layer of dust on the dash and inside of my doors. Seriously... honey... you would have been proud of me!! And while we're at it... what's up with naming something "jr. snack wrap?" jr. means it's little. and snack means it's little. why didn't they just name it the "little littly wrap?"
anyway, after you are done having your car washed and waxed and pedicured and swaddled in a blanket and rocked to sleep then you drive out and they have stations where you can vaccum out your car for free (well, as part of the paid package price. meaning I didn't have to shell out a pocket full of quarters to vaccum out my car!) Also, they have my new favorite invention... this machine... you put your floor mat in it and push the start button and it sucks the mat into it all dirty, but spits it out clean. Seriously you should have seen the dried caked mud/dirt on my floor mat when I put it in. and it came out clean as a whistle. (what's that mean? clean as a whistle?)
I didn't stay long vaccuming out my car because I need to clean the acquired crap out of it first, and I needed to get Audrey to the pediatrician. But, I do say, if'n I ever need my car washed that badly again, I'm hitti' up the Tiger Express Wash. and you should too! It will change your life. Or at least make you the coolest mom ever (if your kids are with you, I mean. If you go through without them... well, I can't help ya then.)
After the car wash I had to come back to the house to change Audrey's shirt before we went to the peds office since she'd managed to get bright red lemon berry slush all over herself. While we were home I took my tennis shoes from my weekend of mud and did a pre-wash outside under the hose. I wish I'd taken a before picture, but I didn't. You wouldn't have recognized them as shoes!
but here they are sunning themselves outside our front door...
and here are what my finger nails looked like after I got done hosing off my shoes. The stupid part is... I'd JUST finished painting my nails before we'd left the house! and now I've got dirt under them again. Don't pay attention to my cuticle's that badly need TLC... this isn't about them. Stay on task here, mkay?
Alright, we need to run to Walgreen's to pick up some bread and the kid's medications. You haven't heard the end from me tonight though. =]



2 comments:
I have only been to the car wash once but I'd have to agree with you, it's pretty spectacular.
I can so see the look on the kids' faces watching the twirly thingys....i bout fell outta my chair with the little littly wrap, lol.
Post a Comment