Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Firsts



Yesterday was my big boy's last first day of preschool before kindergarten next year. Where have four and a half years gone???

I missed my boy while it was just me and sis, but in all honesty... I know that Levi and I were both desperately ready for some time apart, and that this will be a good thing for us this year. It went very well.

Audrey however... she was missing her bubby. She kept asking me "where bubby is??" and couldn't stop hugging on him after we'd picked him up. Audrey getting some alone time with me will be good for both of us too though. I'm really looking forward to this. I'm pumped about the awesome school that Levi is in. They do soooo many neat things. I'm sure I'll be writing about it on here a lot.

here are some (okay, a lot) of pictures from yesterday. Did you expect anything different from ME?? Ha!

hugs from sis:


backpack hanging in cubby:


making new friends:


the big scary door going into the classroom:


the hugs from Audrey after we picked bubby up and celebrated the day with lunch out:





Levi,
I'm so excited for you and the amazing things you'll be doing and learning this year. It's been awesome watching you grow these last four years at home with me, and now I hand you over three days a week to the care of christian teachers who will hopefully only boost that growth. You seem SO big to me, and yet I love that you still need help tying your shoes. I love that you still call Zucchinis "bikinis". I love that you still call pickles "cucumbers". I love that you still call hospitals "hostables", and I love that you still need a hug for a good night's sleep. Levi, I've prayed my little heart out that this will be a great school year for you. I can't wait to see how much you grow this year.
Love, Mama
p.s.-- you let me know the first girl who falls for those dimples, Lord help us. I'll clobber her.
Love, Mama. =D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*bawls*

Anonymous said...

awww how fun!!! I'm excited for Levi, i hope he is enjoying it. he did better than zac and I on his first day.... it went something like this, Dad pulling zac off of him while I'm saying "Dad he doesn't want to go" and then us driving off while I'm screaming "dad he's chasing the truck"... needless to say I don't think he actually made it that day.