Murphy's Law says...
that during deer season, I won't see any deer but will see a mess of turkeys.
and that during turkey season, I won't see any turkeys... but will see THREE deer!!
um...
sup wit it? yo.
Sunday morning we went out and set up camp in a camo tent that had been set up three days earlier. I was gonna get me a turkey.
Only...
I was tired
and freezing cold.
and bored.
but mainly tired.
so, I decided that Jason could be on the watch for a turkey... and i'd hunker down into my chair and just rest my eyes for a minute. Check them for light leaks.
But just as soon as I'd gotten all snuggled down in my chair in an attempt to get warm.... Jason says to me "there's a buck standing to your right."
yeeeeeeeeeah.
sure.
I told him I wasn't going to fall for that.
so he says "no, really... there is."
me: *eye roll*
so he takes my head in both of his hands... turns it to the right. And sure enough... not 30 feet from me.... was a buck!!!!
just kill me now.
Those animals... they know exactly what they're doing. Sneaky little punks.
Fall Turkey Season 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment