is Audrey's arm where she was poked today to get blood drawn. I called our pediatrician's office today telling them that she's been having reoccuring fevers. (a month+ of fevers off and on just isn't right!) They asked some questions and asked me if I could be in at 4:00 today. (I called at around 12:30.... LOVE my pediatrician!!). They told me to have her drink lots of liquids because they'd likely be having her pee in a cup. So, I pumped her full of juice and we went to the appt. They did all of the regular exams on her. Checked her ears and throat. nothing came up. so they wanted her to pee in a cup... only, she got stage fright and couldn't do it. So next, they laid my poor sick baby (yes, she was running a fever today) up on the table and put a catheter in her to get pee. (I didn't take a picture of THAT battle scar.) Then they tested the pee for UTI... but that test came back negative. So then they sent us over to Boone hospital with the rest of the urine and an order to have blood drawn. Hopefully tomorrow we'll have some answers. But for today I ask that you join with me in prayer for my sick baby girl. She's been quite the trooper today. I just got her in bed and now this exhausted and emotionally spent mama is going to take a nice hot bath!!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Blood, Sweat and Tears
This...

is Audrey's arm where she was poked today to get blood drawn. I called our pediatrician's office today telling them that she's been having reoccuring fevers. (a month+ of fevers off and on just isn't right!) They asked some questions and asked me if I could be in at 4:00 today. (I called at around 12:30.... LOVE my pediatrician!!). They told me to have her drink lots of liquids because they'd likely be having her pee in a cup. So, I pumped her full of juice and we went to the appt. They did all of the regular exams on her. Checked her ears and throat. nothing came up. so they wanted her to pee in a cup... only, she got stage fright and couldn't do it. So next, they laid my poor sick baby (yes, she was running a fever today) up on the table and put a catheter in her to get pee. (I didn't take a picture of THAT battle scar.) Then they tested the pee for UTI... but that test came back negative. So then they sent us over to Boone hospital with the rest of the urine and an order to have blood drawn. Hopefully tomorrow we'll have some answers. But for today I ask that you join with me in prayer for my sick baby girl. She's been quite the trooper today. I just got her in bed and now this exhausted and emotionally spent mama is going to take a nice hot bath!!
is Audrey's arm where she was poked today to get blood drawn. I called our pediatrician's office today telling them that she's been having reoccuring fevers. (a month+ of fevers off and on just isn't right!) They asked some questions and asked me if I could be in at 4:00 today. (I called at around 12:30.... LOVE my pediatrician!!). They told me to have her drink lots of liquids because they'd likely be having her pee in a cup. So, I pumped her full of juice and we went to the appt. They did all of the regular exams on her. Checked her ears and throat. nothing came up. so they wanted her to pee in a cup... only, she got stage fright and couldn't do it. So next, they laid my poor sick baby (yes, she was running a fever today) up on the table and put a catheter in her to get pee. (I didn't take a picture of THAT battle scar.) Then they tested the pee for UTI... but that test came back negative. So then they sent us over to Boone hospital with the rest of the urine and an order to have blood drawn. Hopefully tomorrow we'll have some answers. But for today I ask that you join with me in prayer for my sick baby girl. She's been quite the trooper today. I just got her in bed and now this exhausted and emotionally spent mama is going to take a nice hot bath!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Here's hoping and praying for the best...for both of you. Hang in there, mama!
Post a Comment