Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Pursuit of Happy-ness

I was reading today in the January 2009 Real Simple Magazine. They surveyed 2,600 women and men on their keys to happiness. Here were some of the results:

10 Things That Would Make Women Happier
1. A permanently clean home (Definitely applies to me!!!)
2. A luxury trip (yeah, it'd be nice, but my happiness wouldn't depend on it)
3. A big house (bigGER yeah... but not huge)
4. Losing ten pounds (AT LEAST. and yes... this would make me happier for sure)
5. A great body (check)
6. Time for themselves (check. check. check. check. check.)
7. A really romantic relationship (YES!)
8. Being smarter (check)
9. Saying "no" more
10. A luxury car (not on my personal top ten... but whatever)

I'm kind of surprised that money didn't make the list. Fewer bills at least.

10 Things That Would Make Men Happier:
1. A big house
2. A really romantic relationship (is anyone else surprised that this is #2 on their list??)
3. A luxury trip
4. Being smarter
5. A luxury car (Is anyone else surprised that this is so far down on the list??)
6. A better sex life (this one too. #6? really?)
7. A great body
8. A permanently clean home (hey, you could HELP clean the house fellas. I'm just sayin')
9. Losing ten pounds
10. Having a personal assistant (yeah...)

Thoughts? Opinions??

what would your top ten list look like?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would've expected #6 to have been way higher on the men's list!

Anonymous said...

I dunno..there are some pretty bogus answers on there...I mean, a lift kit and bigger tires would have to rank way high on that list...more guns would be up there...an endless supply of babysitters...i mean really, what planet were these robots from anyway? :)

Amy said...

I'm surprised money wasn't on the list.

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious.

Add me please. :) I also added you to facebook.. I'll msg you with my email.

Anonymous said...

Can I copy this?