Tuesday, May 29, 2007

For Donna =D

about a month ago, the kids and I were at John's house. Levi was playing in the playhouse outside and came running over to us to tell us that there was a bird trapped at the top of the playhouse.
sure enough, when we got over there we saw this little hummingbird just buzzing its little wings to death trying to escape, only, it didn't know how. You could tell the poor thing was just exhausted.
So, John held his hand up, and the hummer calmed down long enough to sit on John's finger and let John help him out of the playhouse. I got to snap a picture of John holding the bird before he released it, and the little guy flew to a branch on a tree to gather himself before going on with his day.
AMAZING!!!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and of course, a title, for me...I am honored! Thanks for sharing; I can only imagine how cool that must have been - wow, God so smiled on you guys that day!

Jill said...

He's a brave soul. That beak looks dangerous to me!

:-) Jill