Let's re-cap my last 36 hours, shall we??
1.) My husband gets discharged from the hospital where he'd spent the last 6 days receiving chemotherapy.
2.) On the drive home he starts throwing up
3.) Halfway into the hour and a half drive home... my vehicle starts smoking. Transmission blew. again. we were stranded on the side of the road in frigid temps for 45 minutes while we waited for Jason's dad to come get us.
4.) We get home. I can see my bed. I can hear it calling my name... and I could also hear Jason still puking.
5.) I heat up some homemade chicken noodle soup that my girlfriends sent home with us for supper. Jason tries to eat some and continues puking
6.) I call the symptom evaluation unit and they say bring him back to the hospital for fluids
7.) Jason's sister, Kim, comes to stay at our house with my kids who are asleep and don't know I'm leaving with Jason.
8.) I drive Jason the hour and a half back up to Columbia...
9.)... and sleep in a chair.
10.) This morning I get a text from Kim saying that Levi had puked during the night. Jason's supposed to be staying away from germs as his immune system is now compromised from the chemo.
11.) Jason gets discharged from the hospital and I make a quick follow up visit to the emergency room. In the midst of all of this, I hadn't told anyone that I went to the emergency room Sunday night.
12.) what was supposed to be quick ended up being a two hour visit to the gyn clinic.
13.) I've got a bladder infection
14.) after picking up both mine and Jason's meds we finally head for home, slip sliding the whole way in a winter storm
does this sound like a pity party?? I'm pretty sure it is.
I haven't slept in a bed in a week... and I've had a lot on my plate. Frankly... i'm in a foul mood. My attitude stinks. I'm writing here to vent because my family does not need me to take it out on them.
I could use some prayers. I'm being tested.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Praying for you every day, Beck. Love you!
I'm sorry you're having to deal with all of this. Praying for you.
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28
Oh Becky, I'm sorry for your sorrow. You are certainly being tested. I'm reminded of 1 Peter 1:6-7. I hope this verse can be a source of encouragement for you. Just as gold is purified through intense heat, so to are we when going through tough trials. God can use these trials to purify our character. I thank God these trials are temporary and we will someday be in a place with no more tears, no more pain, no more suffering, and no more fears... until that day I will continue to pray for you as my heart aches for you in this season.
I am sorry. All of that just plain sucks. I am praying for you all still and wish there was more I could do. Please let me know. God is good.
Dear Heavenly Father,
We come before you right now and lift Becky, Jason, and their kids up to you. Father God, I pray that you will hold this family in the palm of your hands. Lord, we ask that you heal Jason and make his body whole once again. Give Becky the strength and stamina she needs to rise above these trials Lord. I pray that the blood of your Son will wash over this family Lord and give them all peace and rest that they can only find in you. We thank you for what You will do and what You've already done Lord. We ask all these things in Your name, Amen. Praying for you Beck!
Becky, I can't imagine. May you feel His presence with you during these long, hard days.
Not a day goes by in which we are not tested or tempted in some way. But, when we call to God, he hears us....draw close to Him and He will draw close to you. Keep strong, keep the faith....NEVER think that you are all alone. You are surrounded by believers and family who lift you up daily in prayers and thoughts!! (wish I could take the burdens all away)
Love you all!!
Wow Becky, That was a lot in one day on top of the blow you all were just given. I'm so sorry that you all are going through this. Phillipians 4:13 is a good one too.
Post a Comment