Audrey came padding down to my bedroom at 7:30 this morning. This is unusual for several reasons. One, Audrey isn't a morning person and typically never gets up that early. Second, On the occasion that Audrey wakes up before anyone else in the house she'll usually stay quietly in her own bed. She doesn't ever come down to my room to wake me up. But the most unusual thing about this morning... was the noise I heard outside when she woke me up at 7:30 this morning. It sounded the wind was whipping a tree branch against my front window, but I don't have any trees by my window. So I cracked open the front door and looked outside... but didn't see anything. I closed the door, came back in the house... and heard the noise again. At that moment... I look up at the window... and see a bird fly smack into the window. Pfft "dumb bird" I thought... and went back to bed. Only... the bird never stopped flying into that window. OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER!!!! When we finally did get out of bed around 9:00 this morning... that dumb bird was still smacking himself into the window. And when we finally left the house at 10... two and a half hours since I originally heard him smack into the window... HE WAS STILL OUT THERE doing it!! Two and a half hours he flew into that window.
A friend called this morning and I told her about it and she said there's a superstition about birds flying into windows. Great! Wonderful! I'm not a superstitious person... but I couldn't help look it up and was a little freaked out to find out that it means someone is going to die. Well... I'm thinking that the only thing dying here today should be that stupid bird. If he's not physically dead he should at least be brain dead after running full force head first in to my window all morning. Good grief!!
The funny part of this story is this...
The window that he was trying to fly into... I have this sign sitting in that window...

So, in his defense... I guess he DID think we were open. False advertising. This house is definitely closed at 7:30 in the morning!!!!
OH MY WORD... I kid you not... as I type this, the bird is back and smacking himself into our window again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I owned a BB gun
No comments:
Post a Comment