Friday, October 10, 2008

Knock Knock, McFly!

Audrey is in that age where she is constantly, and I mean cooooonnnnnssstttannntly saying "mom" a million times a day. She's ALWAYS needing something. Only... half the time, she doesn't even need anything. A lot of times it goes like this...

Audrey: "Mom?"
Me: "what Audrey?"
Audrey: "nufthin" (nothin')

or

Audrey: "Mom!"
Me: "yes Audrey?"
Audrey: "nevermind"

sometimes, when she's said "mom" at least a million times that day, I tend to start ignoring her. Well.... here is a conversation that took place this morning at breakfast. I was busy reviewing Levi's homework and getting Audrey's lunch ready for both of them to go to school and Audrey is sitting there saying "mom. mom. mommy. MOM??"

and I'm ignoring her.

when all of a sudden I hear her say "MOM? Knock Knock, MOM!"

*blinks*

did my two year old child just say knock knock to me??

what is this world coming to?

"yes, Audrey?"