Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Kohl's

I went to Kohl's yesterday to do a little holiday shopping, and while I was there I saw this Zillions brand Deluxe ATM. The sign above it read 10-65% off. I got all excited because just the day before, John had bought that very same Deluxe ATM machine for Madison at Target for $30. I wasn't close enough to it at Kohl's to see the price tag, but I just assumed that it would be the same price regularly as Target's and that it would be an extra percentage off of that. I get up to it and the price tag said that it is normally $59.99 and ON SALE it was $29.99... the same price that the thing sells for REGULARLY at Target. Grrrr. If someone didn't already know that, they would think they are getting a good deal.

It annoys me that they try to say that their products are "normally" one price when that price is WAY above the retail value of the product.

I noticed the same thing with their Imaginext brand dinosaur toys. At Wal-Mart the larger dinosaur sells for $28. At Kohl's the same dinosaur was "50% off" but they say that their normal retail price is $44.99.... making the dinosaur's sale price $24 and change.... a whole whopping $4 cheaper than Wal-Mart.

Their Little Mommy Sweet As Me Dolls were 50% off. "Normally" $39.99 "on sale" for $19.99. Wal-Mart sells the same doll for Kohl's "sale" price.

You really have to be careful when shopping there. They try to trick you like that into thinking that you are getting a bargain but you're really not. I bought my dad the game "The Last Word" there. They said that the regular retail price was $30 but that it was 50% off which made it $15. I thought I was getting a deal. Later I saw the same game at Wal-Mart for $14.99.

That gimmick annoys me.

3 comments:

Household Executive said...

nice observation. i bet jcpenneys does that too. they are always having sales!

Unknown said...

Good heavens, you have posted a lot! I am sorry you are dealing with sick babies! I hope everyone is well very soon. I don't buy many toys at Kohl's, but I have definitely found some pretty decent deals on clothes for me and Boone. I have also been able to find very cheap picture frames there. When did Columbia get a Kohl's? I wish it had been there when I was there! Finally, there is a boardwalk not too far away from us, and they have a Christmas store with an upside down tree. I took a picture of it because it was so bizarre. Who would want that?

Oh, and the Disney post took me at least three days to write - mostly because of the insane spacing Blogger puts in when you post pictures.

Unknown said...

Oh, and one more thing...I think Audrey looks a lot like you! Does she look like your baby pictures?