Monday, October 1, 2007

Heart Attack City!!

This morning as I was getting ready to drive back to Columbia from Waynesville, my cell phone rings.

Me: "Hello?"
Man on the other end of the line: "Is this Becky?"
Me: "yes"
Man on the other end of the line: This is Tony from the Columbia Fire Department.

*CHEST HITS THE FLOOR IN PANIC*

Me: "ok"
Man on the other end of the line: " I have a note here that you requested a fire truck to make an appearance at a preschool during Fire Prevention Week?"

*PICKS CHEST BACK UP OFF OF THE FLOOR*

seriously...
when the guy introduced himself on the phone as being from the Columbia Fire Department all I could see was visions of our home up in smoke. What a relief when I found out he was only comfirming a phone call I had made earlier last week.

Last week I called the Columbia fire department and requested a fire truck stop by pre-school as part of Fire Prevention Week. It should be cool. I think the kids will like it.

Don't forget!! The second week of October is Fire Prevention Week. Talk to your children about fires and always have an escape plan!!! Let's keep our babies safe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am just catching up on your blog, so I might leave a couple of comments. Anyway, about a year ago, I was at ACU's Homecoming (Abilene is about 8 hours from where I live), and I got a call from our alarm company about our fire alarm going off. Knowing Boone was at church, I knew this was bad news. Long story short, a power line had fallen against our house causing a huge electrical surge throughout our house. We still have a couple of scorch marks needing repair, but overall, if we hadn't had our alarm system, our house would have likely burned down due to the electricity arcing through the outlets and such. Those calls are not fun, so I am glad that yours was nothing major!