Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Shine On

Hello to all of my faithful blog readers who have diligently and patiently been waiting for the next installment of What's On Becky's Brain. Sorry I've taken such a long hiatus. Blogging seems to keep me sane, and hopefully I'll be back on more often. I've needed this.

Now, on with the show...

Just the other day I sat down to blogspot and did a bunch of catching up. Not only have I not been writing... but I haven't been reading either. *slaps hands* So, the other day when I logged on and read my friend Mindi's blog... I just had to do a blog of my own. Thank you Mindi for the awesome blog.

The following is a video that I stole from Mindi's blog. Watch it...



Something about this video touched me to the very core of my being. I want to be the type of person who, just being around others, makes them shine. It's a basic principle that we teach our children from infant-hood... remember the old song "This Little Light Of Mine" ?

This little light of mine
I'm going to let it shine
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
let it shine
let it shine
let it shine

Hide it under a bushel? NO!
I'm gonna let it shine
Hide it under a bushel? NO!
I'm gonna let it shine.
let it shine
let it shine
let it shine

Don't let the devil Pfft it out.
I'm gonna let it shine
Don't let the devil pfft it out
I'm gonna let it shine
let it shine
let it shine
let it shine

Recently, I've had my light hidden under a bushel. I had let the devil pfft my light out. But... i'm happy to report, that while it might not be shinging as brightly as I would like... I at least have found the source of light... and am working on getting plugged in.

To help me, I dug out a book that I've had forever called "The Power of a Positive Woman." I'm not sure how long I've had this book, but I bought it a few years ago at the Tulsa International Soul Winning Workshop and put it on a shelf without ever reading it. Fat lot of good it did me that way, huh? So, I've gotten it out, dusted off the cover... and I'm working on letting my light shine.

SHINE ON!!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

It's so good to have you back in the world of blogging!! You've been missed.

Sandi said...

Glad to have you back, friend! We've missed you -- I just thought that Levi has been inner-tubing every weekend for the last several months! :)

Unknown said...

Glad you're back! SHINE ON - chick! Love the new blogheader!