This week when we were at the library, I picked up a list of "Books Every Toddler Should Know"
There are 55 books on the list.
So, today's Thursday Thirteen is going to be:
Thirteen (plus 42) Books That Every Toddler Should Know
1. Each Peach Pear Plum: An "I Spy" Story by Janet Ahlberg
2. Grandma by Debbie Bailey
3. Boats by Byron Barton
4. Moo Baa La La by Sandra Boynton
5. The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown
6. Hand Rhymes by Marc Tolon Brown
7. Mr. Grumpy's Outing by john Burningham
8. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
9. Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear by Nancy White Carlstrom
10. Find the Duck by Stephen Cartwright
11. Five Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed by Eileen Christelow
12. Freight Train by Donald Crews
13. Ten in the Bed by Penny Dale
14. Jamberry by Bruce Degen
15. Tomie dePaola's Mother Goose by Tomie DePaola
16. What Bounces? by Kate Duke
17. Busy, Busy Toddlers by Phoebe Dunn
18. Color Zoo by Lois Ehlert
19. The Baby Sitter by Frank Endersby
20. In the Tall, Tall Grass by Denise Fleming
21. A Year in the Country by Douglas Florian
22. Babies by Gyo Fujikawa
23. ABC Bunny by Wanda Gag (how'd you like THAT last name. LOL)
24. Asleep, Asleep by Mirra Ginsburg
25. Jungle Sounds by Colin Hawkins
26. Look! Look! Look! by Tana Hoban
27. Animal Sounds for Baby by Cheryl WIllis Hudson
28. Giving by Shirley Hughes
29. Rosie's Walk by Pat Hutchins
30. The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
31. Whose Mouse Are You? by Robert Kraus
32. The Carrot Seed by Ruth Krauss
33. Sam's Bath by Barbro Lindgren
34. Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? by Bill Martin
35. Mommies at Work by Eve Merriam
36. Whose Hat? by Margarte Miller
37. The Jacket I Wear in the Snow by Shirley Neitzel
38. The Saucepan Game by Jan Ormerod
39. Family by Helen Oxenbury
40. Mother, Mother, I Want Another by Maria Polushkin
41. Read-Aloud Rhynes for the Very Young by Jack Prelutsky
42. Shake My Sillies Out by Raffi
43. We're Going On A Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen
44. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
45. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
46. Sheep In A Jeep by Nancy Shaw
47. What Do Toddlers Do? by Debby Slier
48. The Tenth Good Thing About Barney by Judith Viorst
49. Cookie's Week by Cindy Ward
50. How Do I Put It On? by Shigeo Watanabe
51. Father Fox's Pennyrhymes by Clyde Watson
52. I Went Walking by Sue Williams
53. The Napping House by Audrey Wood
54. Piggies by Don Wood
55. The Lullabye Songbook by Jane Yolen
Thursday, March 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Okay, Jackson has a grand total of 4 of those books. In my opinion, they have left several "classics" off of their list. Where are books like "Goodnight Moon" and "Guess How Much I Love You?" Plus, to me, all Dr. Seuss books are technically classics. I hope my child doesn't feel too deprived when he is old enough to read this list! : )
Tia & Caelleb BOTH love the napping house. They like "brown bear, brown bear, what do you see" (this book really helped Caelleb w/his colors) better than the polar bear one. and there is this book about cows that type (the title is escaping me) that they absolutely LOVE!!!!!
Kate, I think that Goodnight Moon is on their Top 50 Books for Infants if I remember correctly...
Post a Comment